FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Feb 11, 2011, 4:49 pm
chespeak2002

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
One person’s data point. I had Juniper/Barclays US Airways cards from Apr 2006 to Dec 2006 (email offer, no fee for 1 year, 15,000 first use bonus) and again from Nov 2009 to Aug 2010 (applied at airport, 1 mile for $2 spent, no fee, 5,000 first use bonus). Each time I made 1 or 2 charges then cancelled.

Today, after applying on line (using the link here, I was not targeted), I was instantly approved and the approval page even indicated my credit line (first time I’ve seen that). I called immediately, mainly to lower the credit line and to choose a statement closing date. The voice prompts asked which account I was calling about; "press 1 for account ending in 1234, press 2 for account ending in 5678". First call I didn’t know which account was which and I (randomly) chose the closed account which the system informed me of. I called back, chose the new account and finally got through to a rep who confirmed no fee for a year and all the introductory bonuses. I asked her about prior accounts and she told me about the 2 past accounts, including exact dates of opening/closing.

My plan is to keep it for a year, charge something 2 or 3 times to keep my US Air account active, then see if I can scam the 10,000 anniversary miles without paying the fee and then cancel.

So, based on my N of 1, the answer to your question is “no”. I hope this helps.
Can you share what credit bureaus did they pull on you for this app?