FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:56 am
ddallas

Originally Posted by paulhga
Anyway, I've been reading about how everyone distributes the coins and for those of you who use them at the corner store or at restaurants and so on I have a question. Aren't you just using the coins in place of where you would have normally charged the purchase and got the miles anyway? I realize if you take them to the bank and redeem them that's a good deal but just using them at various locations seems like a lot of work to get the same miles.

Thoughts????
Most of us use them at places that don't take credit cards. Farmers markets, fast food, cash only restaurants, vending machines, Aldi grocery store, kids allowance, kid to mow the lawn, tips, anyone who would rather get paid in cash.

I also gave some out as gifts to all the kids at a kids birthday party. Put one of each kind that I had in a little sack and put a ribbon on it. The kids like them because they are shiny and they are money. The parents like them because they are educational and money.

Last edited by ddallas; Feb 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm