FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777-300 ER mini-reviews
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2011, 7:35 am
Zaco

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by serfty
I will note the "minor" enhancements to the Business product have turned it from a marginally average offering to a leader.
Hi serfty - absolutely agree. It looks like BP was actually the big winner out of all the changes. Fabulous product. BTW reading through this thread it appears we were on the same flight.

I'll reserve judgement on PE until I've flown it - I did try out the seats and they were comfortable, although I didn't spend much time in them. For those worried about legroom I'd go for the first row - the middle pair especially have a lot of legroom - more than in BP.

Economy seemed fine - it looks more crowded as more of the floor area is taken up with seats rather than aisle, but the aisle is still fine (eg I could walk down it without touching the sides - I expected to walk sideways given the horror stories). All my personal travel is economy so expect to spend a fair amount of time here unless upgrades come through. Would be great to hear how the service flow is structured, although FT prob isn't the place to get the lowdown on Y.

One thing that did strike me in Economy was that the seats were much larger then they look on the photos. I think it's perspective as the PTVs are so big - i.e. they make the rest of the seat seem small until you see it live.

Great to see that the escape slides are built into the doors - the economy exit rows have no protruding door coverings, and all have great legroom.

There were dozens of small enhancements I noticed throughout the flight - don't want to spoil the surprises for those of you yet to travel, but there has definitely been a lot of thought put in to this cabin. The new service concept in BP is wonderful. Looking forward to many more flights on these planes.

Cheers, Zac