Crackerpup

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Similar situation...any advice?

Booked 2 award tickets in business, seperate PNRs for me and partner:

JFK-NRT DL 11/24
NRT-BKK DL 11/25

HKT-ICN KE 12/5
ICN-JFK KE 12/5 flt #81

It's all good except for the last flight. KE had only one seat in business and one in coach for DL award redemption. Booked my partner in business (D) and I'm in coach (U). Since he'll fall (from grace) from PM to GM at the end of the month, I put him up front so we don't have to pay to change his ticket.

Since I can change my ticket for free, I figured I'd keep calling daily to check for updated availability for one more seat in business for me. Flights are months away so I'm hoping they'll release another seat at some point.

Any thoughts/ideas on anything else I can do to get that seat? (and, yes, I'm calling every day.)

PS: KE #81 is an A380-800 with 94 seats in business. Seriously, they can't open up one more for an award?

Also an interesting data point as explained to me by Ann in Chisholm:
KE has award buckets for their FFs. They assign another bucket for DL/Skyteam. So awards essentially do NOT come from the same booking class. This means that if a KE award is visible on the KE website, it does NOT mean that it's available to book by DL/Skyteam; it's not even part of DL/Skyteam's allocation. Helps explain why there are so few award seats...