FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:35 am
mjh218

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Stayed at Beaver Creek Park Hyatt from 2/5 - 2/7.

Check-in: Had reserved a courtyard king and called the day before to request an upgrade. Was told that they would try and upgrade me but the property was almost sold out so it might be tough. At check-in on 2/5 at around 11amthey told me they upgraded me to a king w/ a view of the ski slope. Room was the same, but view was better. To be honest, not a great bump, the room was a typical king room, just a better view. But considering this is peak season, I was pretty happy with the upgrade.

My only complaint is that I checked-in at 11amand was told room wasn't ready (I didn't expect it would be). The front desk person was extremely friendly and helpful. Told her I was going to hit the slopes and would be back later to get my room key. She said they would call me when the room was ready. Got back from skiing around 3:30 and went to grab my key. Was told room wasn't ready yet. Sort of disappointing given the fact that they knew I was at the hotel already. But not a big deal since room was not guaranteed to be ready till 4pm. At about 3:58 they told me the room was ready.

Room

Was greeted in the room by a small bottle of red wine and a hand-written note from the GM. Also, got 2 chocolate skis and a boot. Very nice touch. Room was your typical king sized hotel room, nothing spectacular. View was nice, looked right over the fire pit and ski slope. On the second day when we got back from skiing, we had a full bottle of white wine another note and an apple. Very nice touch! Absolutely no complaints on the room.....

Property

The property is beautiful. Gym was empty, the equipment is all new and high end. Didn't use the spa, but it looks really nice. Location is amazing, right in the middle of everything and the ski valet is so convenient! Had the free breakfast every morning (which would be extremely expensive if it wasn't free). The food was great, the buffet had tons of choices. Definitely wouldn't pay for it out of my own pocket (I think breakfast for 3 was about $100), but huge bonus if you get it for free.

All in all this is a great place to stay for a ski trip. They make skiing as convenient and hassle free as possible. Right in the middle of the village, which is great. A bunch of restaurants within walking distance.

Will definitely stay here again. Have only stayed at one other Hyatt Ski Resort (Lake Tahoe) and the PH Beaver Creek was better in just about every aspect.