FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks CO; DirectTV preview runs out in F early in SuperBowl and no fix given
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:22 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Had the same issue last month - the FAs did apologize and explain the system was not working from IAH so the techs reset it before boarding, but did not do the reset correctly so F was not free. There was nothing she could do - but did say to purchase the TV, then go to continental.com and request a refund.

So...I purchased the TV and went to continental.com for a refund - but the webpage was not functioning properly and would keep hanging on the "number of card swipes" entry - after 3 days of trying, I gave up.

Now that I see this thread, I am going to try yet again to get my $4 back (if Smisek can be cheap, so can I).

So - the gist of the issue is the FA cannot do anything, but if this happens to anyone, let the FA know so it can be written up for a proper reset at the next station and just buy the TV and go to the website to process your refund after arrival.