FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Theft, Lies, and Videotape: A US Shuttle Trip Report
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:36 am
belynch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by mwg25
If you haven't read the account of his wedding day, you are missing out.
HA. Now that was an unmitigated disaster.

Originally Posted by eightblack
I for one, would buy you a drink and love to hear your war stories. Bravo! Keep the content coming...
If you're ever in NY and it's not a blinding snow-storm I'll take you up on it. Of course, I'll most likely not be in NY (I'm convinced FT is nothing more than a really elaborate joke perpetuated by Randy Peterson - where folks have intentions to meet-up but can never align schedules) but we can certainly try.

I've actually been tossing around the idea of writing a sitcom pilot centered around the inanity of travel (Wings meets Up in the Air meets Planes Trains and Automobiles) and would love to have you as a collaborator.

I'll see if I can whip up a few more TRs in the upcoming weeks. I have a war chest of at my disposal.

Originally Posted by KL803
+1, somewhat reminds me of a Bill Bryson travel tale.
Consider the platypus...

Originally Posted by odblnt
So, did your wife send you out to USE the snow shovel?
When the film crew for Ice-Road Truckers showed-up to film an episode on our driveway...

She actually read this TR yesterday and said "I'm sure this is amusing to folks who don't have to deal with you every day. But to me, this is a Tuesday."