FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO-HKG CX First VS. SQ First - late night departure
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:43 pm
avm2806

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Great report! Completely agree, though I think one factor is that SQ's "robotic" FAs actually score huge when you do get the occasional tired/lazy/bad-hair-day crew on other airlines. The only consistent complaint I've read over the last few years about CX F is that it can often be FA-dependent in terms of service.
If the CX FAs are not on the ball, SQ gets the nod--because, to me, "robotic" means SQ's FAs in F are dependable and by-the-book in terms of service offered.
Still, with my limited CX F experience (with several SQ F flights under my belt), I'd agree with the OP's statement.
Thanks for the report.
Agreed with most airlines and with CX in J - but CX in F is a different game all together. Honestly, my worst CX F flight has still been superior in terms of level of interaction, anticipation and personalization to my worst SQ F flight. This is one cabin where these guys really know what they are doing.