FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyTeam Frequent Flyer Programs - which one should I choose?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:41 am
jbcarioca

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
For the OP I would tend to favor FB over Aeroflot because he will fly enough to get FB Platinum, since he needs only 70,000 miles to get Platinum when he lives outside France. In my househol we have both FB and DL. AF/KL largely ignore other ST programs, but FB is decently recognized. Further, SU is fairly consistently kind to other ST Elites IME.

DL is called SkyPesos because a number of US members, especially ones from acquired airlines, are bitter about the merger and denigrate most things DL. IME DL is really very good for customer service and excellent in support to elites. DL is far better than is AF in that respect, but you need 125,000 miles to get the highest level, Diamond, and that is a lot of flying.

In your situation I would not choose a program from an airline you do not expect to be using regularly for several years, thus FlyingBlue seems more appropriate for you.