FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - elite plus on skyteam flight not allowed into KLM lounge (Wien / Vienna)
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:07 pm
Squerez

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Absolutely. That's what I think the rule was (or I should say is !). After that KL is doing whatever they want with OK (bill them or not).
The point is that KLM should pay for an OK Elite Plus passenger travelling with them and, because the lounge is managed by a different (and rival) company, I can imagine the price is not that friendly (read also "expensive" for their standard).
Moreover they should bill CSA which likely wouldn't pay for that...because they are not taking some money from the passenger's ticket and this would be a pure cost (read also "loss").

Because CSA cannot pay (by the way, if you stay on their side, it could be theorically also an abuse because CSA do not fly from VIE but they get from VIE airport a bill to pay without a proof except, maybe, a copy of the OK card and a ticket which is not residing in their IT system) and KL do not care about other ST passengers (or it could cost too much for them), you are not let in!

I hope this will help you understanding how it works...
by my side I had so many discussions with lounge dragons that now I understand when the fight can be won or it is a pure loss of time and a disturbing kick in my karma

Finally it's only matter of money...