FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ebay & the Royal Ambassador experience = beware ?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:52 pm
hdogan

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
Ummm, 98% is not a good Ebay rating from a long time eBayer in my opinion. Of course that hardly excuses what happened to you, and someone who is an outright scammer would not have a rating that high.
Actually, by the way eBay calculates ratings and keeps scores, you *can* get away with providing a few small transactions to get nice positive feedback, and then screw up a big transaction. You can do it every six months or so, because your rating is only reflecting your past 6 (or is it 12?) months.

I find anything below 99% with "long time" ebayers suspicious, and *always* take time to read the feedback comments, especially for negative and neutral points.

However, this is a very clear case, and if OP has a clean eBay history, and paid for the item via Paypal, it can be easily disputed. Take note that the whole process can take a while, especially if the seller is not cooperative (a single dispute over a defective item took me 3 months, and I always had 100% buyer rating.)