FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:17 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
You just succinctly summarized my experience from 30+ years of travel to Puerto Rico.

I stayed this past holiday at the Four Points Palmas (yes, a different hotel but another good example). I needed a copy of my final bill emailed to me after I left. It took three weeks, about 15 emails to the property, and I still had to call Corporate Customer Service (yes, an actual file was created) for the bill to be emailed to me. But, one day after the file was created, the bill was emailed to me.

Why did such a simple request take so long to be processed? Easy, it is Puerto Rico. There is simply no other reason.

About 10 years ago, I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in San Juan for three nights. After I checked out, again I asked the property to send me a copy of my final bill. Weeks and weeks went by and nothing. Each week I called the billing department with the request. After a month, I disputed the charge with my credit card company. The credit card company temporarily took the charge off my bill until the property sent me a bill. After six months, the credit card company made the conditional credit permanent because the property couldn't stick the bill in an envelope and mail it to me.

Why did this happen? Easy, it is Puerto Rico. There is simply no other reason.
Interesting story. PR aside, I would have much higher expectations at the Ritz (or St. Regis) than at the Four Points. Of course, you still should have gotten your bill from either place.

Mike