FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I got Silver Medallion, what does it really mean?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:14 pm
mattsteg

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Coming from the unwashed masses, lots of little things that make life more bearable. I wasn't silver for very long, but did get a few upgrades out of it. They're not unknown - just don't count on them.

Zone 2 boarding is a big deal if you're traveling with a carry-on (since you're not checking, I imagine you are.) So is preferred seating (exit rows and the front of the plane). As silver and above I have not gotten stuck with a middle seat. As a general member it can happen. I get the feeling that preferred seating in particular gets underplayed by those not accustomed to the alternative. This is normally automatic.

Better IROPS handling, access to medallion line. Skyclub helps for IROPS as well - don't deal with the poor overloaded rep handling rebooking - call delta or go to the skyclub and use an agent there, if you have access (amex plat?).

Overall just a bit better and more pleasant than general member.