FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:26 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Earlier today I did one thing using my car and one thing only. I drove in the slushy roads to the USPS in my town a mile away to collect an order of coins. Because of the snow storms, the governor had declared a state of emergency and everything was closed here today except a few businesses and banks. But those coins were important enough to risk sliding into some snow bank. lol

Also, from the several snow storms in our area in Jan, we had about 3.5 feet on the ground before the double storm that hit yesterday and into today, bringing the depth of the snow out in the back yard up to well over 4 feet. I shoveled and also had time to make paths for my kids to walk around the yard (they are not yet 4 feet tall) and then came in to order some coins as they played outside. But I looked outside and saw my neighbor struggling to shovel up some of the wet and heavier snow away from her car so I decided to go out and help her. The point of this is that I actually did NOT complete my coin order until later and I closed my browser to do something else. Can you believe it?

I figured you would all enjoy this snowy story of priorities and how I actually STOPPED placing an order of coins just to shovel snow. If you did not, just skip it. But if you did, I would love to hear other coins-over-other-priorities stories from others out there.

MM