FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR-Today 2-1
Thread: EWR-Today 2-1
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:25 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by craz
Offically EWR/JFK/LGA are CLOSED (= even if they wanted to have flights they cant) Noon 2/1 - Noon 2/2

ORD Closed 6pm 2/1 - Noon 2/3

that said as I posted elsewhere IMO CO paid dearly after the last storm, they had planes that were diverted and siting all over eg the 91 from TLV went to CLE where the crew timed out and thusly the flight didnt leave to EWR till 6:30pm. Im sure some passengers connecting onward from EWR were able to do so from CLE but most of the 91s passengers end is EWR. So CO had to supply Rooms and food all day long for a couple of hundred people , btw there was a 777 from India that went there as well

So it took awhile till CO was able to get everything planes , crews and passengers back where they should be

I think CO was smart in doing what it did thsi time this way they can be up and hopefully running as they should be once the storm passes

I saw US flew tonight PHL-TLV and to FRA didnt check other routes, yet LH CXed all its flights today to/from JFK/EWR/PHL B6 (Jet Blue) also Cxed all its flights today that went thru NY

Yea people were inconveninced but had they runned their flights many more would have been,IMO
I remember BA did a similar thing during the major snow storms there a couple of months back. They preemptively canceled tons of flights, so that once the storms ended, there were able to sort out stranded pax a lot easier than if they had had pax all across the world