FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hacienda Hotels in Yucatan Mexico **Left Marriott** [Master Thread]
Old May 10, 2002, 1:31 pm
bassque

Programs: AA PLT (2MM), BA Bronze, SPG LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ehe123:
Thanks for the very helpful report! A few questions, however. Is it hot as blazes in August? Aside from the price (which you was reasonable), how was the quality of the food, given that we will not have any choice in dining.</font>
I live in Austin so it's hot here in August, too!

Yes, it was definitely warm - make sure your rental car has A/C. Don't worry about the property as the A/C worked very well. As for the daytime, I spent a great deal of time in and around the pool and that made the heat less of an issue. The hotel manager said that the most popular seasons are spring and fall when the temperatures are more manageable for folks (apparently, Europeans are the majority of the guests). If you live in a hot climate or are used to it, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As for the food, it was good. I wouldn't call it the most amazing cuisine but it was very good given the fact that you are not very close to any other alternatives.

Hope this helps.