FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Russell or W Tuscany in NYC?
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2002, 7:29 am
johnsmith

Wanted to post another viewpoint on the Tuscany--just checked out a few minutes ago and then cancelled the reservation I had for next week...
Here's why I won't be going back to the Tuscany:
1. Absolutely indifferent attitude of the staff. I guess when you hire models to run a hotel, you get people interested in anything but service. I called down to Whatever/Whenever and let them know there was a funky smell in the closet and asked for someone to bring up Lysol. I called down again 45 minutes later--thin apology and was told that someone would be up soon. I called down again 45 minutes later--same person. Someone finally came up 40 minutes after the 3rd call with a can of Lysol which masked the odor for a few hours, but it was back the next morning--Housekeeping didn't do anything about the smell the rest of the week so I continued to spray Lysol each morning and afternoon. Similar experience with a couple of other requests during the stay.
2. Uncomfortable beds--they certainly didn't have the Heavenly Bed in my room
3. Broken air conditioner--the air conditioner rattled and creaked all 5 nights I was at the hotel, when I mentioned it at the front desk, I got a look of what do you want me to do about it. I let her know that fixing it would have been a nice touch since I only slept about 2 hours last night because of the thing
4. Poor maid service--I wasn't sure whether someone actually cleaned the room while I was there--The bed was made, but the remote was still on the floor, the ironing board wasn't put away, etc.
5. Incorrect items on my bill--I got a $36 charge on my bill for the mini-bar that wasn't mine. I was also charged $2 per night for a suite tax that the front desk didn't know whether it was a NY city tax or something the hotel adds
6. No Sheraton Promise--Given that this was a poor stay, I would have expected more than a blank stare after explaining this to the front desk and cancelling my stay for next week

At a rate of over $300 per night, this hotel simply does not compare to the other hotels in that price range in NYC.