FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond guranteed room is not really a benefit...complaint
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:36 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
You said you are trying to book 2 wks from now. Look at your OWN quote. It's 48 hrs for RACK RATE! If you are willing to pay RACK RATE, call back 48 hrs before your arrival time. You'll get the room.

As I said in my previous post, if you are trying to get an AWARD ROOM, there has NEVER been a Diamond guarantee of getting one if they are all gone. Your quote above applies only for a PAID room.
Actually, the benefit is BEFORE 48 hours of arrival, so 2 weeks before is fine. Plus, the Diamond Force can be used for an Award Room, IF the property is willing to grant it. I got one a few weeks ago for a room mid Feb (well before 48 hours before arival). It's not a guarantee, and it's not always cheap, but if you need a room, they will walk another guest if they need to.

And yes, there are exceptions listed on the HH webpage related to this benefit. I don't know if there is something special going on in Barcelona, but my guess would be to check that out.

Bottom line, is if they don't want your business, don't give it to them.

Last edited by RogerD408; Jan 29, 2011 at 5:43 pm