FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long long layover in TPE
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2011, 2:40 am
tangoll

I'm going with the Eva Elite product over the BA Premium Economy, despite BA's much better flight schedule to London, non-stop, etc. The pax reviews that I saw on the BA PE product were 90% negative, that the doubling in price over normal economy didn't justify only the 1.5 in wider seat, and 6 in longer pitch, but everything else (food, toilet, etc) was normal economy. So my overall Eva Elite price came out to US$1,575 all in, with one stopover in Bangkok, and will use miles to upgrade the LHR/BKK/TPE sector on return.

This first sector, HKG/TPE, should bump me up to Silver, but I don't know if I will fly with EVA enough to ever make Gold.

Oh well, when I get off EVA flight, I will stay one night in London at the 5 star Radisson Hampshire Hotel (courtesy of my daughter's usage of points with Radisson), then proceed to Southampton for a 10 day cruise on Cunard's Queen Victoria, an experience that airlines cannot possibly hope to match.

At the end of the cruise, leaving the ship and having to fly back to HKG leaves me feeling depressed already.

Last edited by tangoll; Jan 29, 2011 at 2:41 am Reason: minor typos