FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Protests in Cairo and planned trip!
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2011, 2:09 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Fair point – can’t argue that at all.

I guess the problem is from talking to various people about the trip, the response has been all negative which has not helped. Then with the protests the other night, that was the final nail in the coffin.

I think we are going to cancel and book up somewhere else. We have over 180,000 miles to burn and have the week off....see what happens or where we end up.

^
I don't blame you, really I don't. You have peace of mind when travelling IMHO, or at least as much as is practical when away from the familiarity of home. Frankly, IME, Cairo is a dump. A hole. We visited last year & if it wasn't for a long-held desire of mine to see the pyramids & the egyptian museum, then Ms NoY would never had agreed to come. We only stayed for the minimum of time to get done what we needed and got out. This was last April/may IRRC. Apart from the aforementioned attractions I cannot think of a single redeming feature of the place & would NEVER return. Each to his/her own of course, but them's my twopence worth! Please let us know where you decide to go.....perhaps we can find positives about that!!