FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROP handeling by CO (UA took over)
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:35 pm
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Awtas
Is it true that during IRROPS (WX) they cannot put me on other than *A? (source) I believe I read somewhere that *A would be first choice but if nothing available, then other carriers should be considered.
CO was inCOrrect. They can indeed book you on non-Star carriers if that works better for you. Star Alliance rebooking guidelines are here.

Should I shoot a note to "the most professional..." letting them know that there's some space for improvement or just accept that they do not care?
Absolutely. Might not get anything done, but they need to know they can improve in this regard.

Will I get CO EQMs on the segments flown on AA?
Not automatically. You'll have to write CO and request them and hope for the best.

Is there any UA.com/feedback? Would like to pass my thank you to them.
www.ualsurvey.com -- you can provide feedback and enter their contest once for every segment you fly with them.

p.s. SFO-LAS was my very first UA flight and they treated me way better than "my own" CO.
Glad to hear it. Hope UA-style IRROPS protection stands going forward. It's a shame that CO treated one of their Plats this way, but I've been in the same boat myself. Though people on this board have attempted to trivialize my issues by suggesting I'm not nice to the CO staff. I'm just as nice to CO staff as I am to UA or DL staff, but like you, I just find CO staff to be less COoperative.