FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:01 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by goodtricks
Same reason I'm putting in my first coin purchase. Hilton Diamond status with the 40k spend
I always do my first $40K on spending (with merchants that take am ex) every year for diamond then move it an Am Ex with delta where you can get MQMs after $25K in spending.

I am finding the points at hilton when I use them to be valueable though. I did a rewards stayu in NYC at the double tree in times square new years weekend that would have been over $7k for 150K points and a promo certificate for the other night.

I am giong to Miami in March and have a room that will probably be $670 after tax a night for 50K points a night. That puts the value per point at 1.35 cents for that stay. With a 1,000 mint order that comes out to over $40 so three orders a month is $120. Not bad. And plus you are getting all the benefits of being diamond on top of that