FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A GSM phone with all the bells and whistles
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:46 pm
DullesJason

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
A GSM phone with all the bells and whistles

Can anyone give me any idea whether all of the following features can be found in a single GSM phone?

Large touchscreen display
GSM unlockable (eliminates iPhone)
Wi-fi hotspot
HD video (720p)
Easy sync to a Mac
Good music player
Lots of storage or a micro SD slot
Great image quality pics (can replace my pocket camera)

I'm open to platform, but my initial reading indicates Android is the early favorite, simply because there are many large touchscreen devices, and the Google Nexus S has the hotspot feature, which I consider a must have (plan to use it to get a wifi-only iPad online), like the large screen and GSM. I could also consider Blackberry or Symbian (3). All would be new to me, as I have had a Nokia E71 in recent years.

I also think all decent phones these days have pretty good GPS and email functionality, so those are needed, too. The others are "nice to have" but I want to get a phone that meets all these criteria because I'd love to have just one device, instead of a phone, a camera, a videocam, an iPod, etc.

I may end up with the Google Nexus S, but it lacks HD video, and I don't know what the image quality is like. Any ideas would be helpful . . .