FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Creating new iPhone app/Website re: HOTELS
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:10 pm
TravelEarth

Creating new iPhone app/Website re: HOTELS

I’m a web/mobile developer who travels frequently for mostly pleasure (rarely business). As I’ve become more seasoned in travel & moved up in tax brackets I realize I am becoming more picky with how I travel. I’m ok with how I book my flights, i.e. kayak and choose my seats, i.e. seatguru, choose my restaurants, yelp/opentable/food spotting, but I’m more and more dissatisfied with my hotel experiences. For example, I recently booked a winter get away at The Ritz Carlton/Lake Tahoe and just assumed with a hotel of this magnitude I shouldn’t have to worry about certain things. I was wrong. This is becoming more and more the trend with me it seems.

So I guess my question is, “is anyone else out there experiencing a serious pain point with regards to hotels (online or in physical hotel) that you would like to see fixed?” In other words, what are your pain points if anything? I just want to know before I start building a mobile app/website if I’m just too much of a diva or if others are experiencing a need as well?