FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA future travel credit question
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:25 pm
zenith2010

BA future travel credit question

Hi All,

I'm quite new here and this is my first post on the BA forum; my apologies if what I ask / propose below is considered not okay.

Somewhile ago, a family member had a very unpleasant experience with BA, and after much back & forth, the airline gave away a future travel credit of a few hundred USD -- which can be used by the person himself or any family, and can be "put towards the cost of any British Airways service". It is "not renewable" and expires about a year from now.

The immediate family has no travel plans (atleast on the routes BA serves), and realistically speaking, the person himself would prefer another airline after that experience with BA. But it would be shame to let the that much worth of credit go away unused. What do y'all suggest we do? Is there any other way we can cash in on it with BA other than boarding their plane? Can we "give it away" to a friend or someone who could make use of this discount? How do we go about it? We're not driven by the need to make money here, but if someone's interested, we're willing to offer the voucher at a discount. It'd be a win-win. How good is BA in honoring such a travel credit for someone other than the aggrieved person himself?

Thanks!