FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DBV and OTP in Dec. via DL J and LH F: SEA-AMS-ZAG-DBV-ZAG-VIE-OTP-FRA-SEA
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:21 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Hilton Dubrovnik

In Dubrovnik I stayed at the Hilton Imperial where I had secured a fabulous rate through Hilton’s “Any Weekend Anywhere” promotion. This may have been my favorite hotel stay ever, the Hilton is located just outside Dubrovnik’s old city and I was upgraded to an elite plus room with a balcony looking out at the city walls:

View from my room

Although the executive lounge was closed due to low occupancy, I was given vouchers for snacks and drinks in the relaxing lobby bar, and my rate (like all rates at the hotel, I believe) included a generous buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant including a variety of English, Continental, Japanese, and (presumably) Croatian breakfast items. I was greeted with was a very nice welcome amenity:

Much to my surprise, a similar amenity, alternating each day between sweet and savory items, was delivered to my room each evening. The hotel staff went out of their way to see if I needed anything (I requested and received a fresh bottle of water in my room each day) and, in general, were exceedingly friendly, and helpful. All of this was complimented by the great location of the hotel and the general beauty of the old city of Dubrovnik.

View of hotel from city walls

Last edited by gba; Jan 22, 2011 at 4:37 pm