View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 11, 11:57 am
hgdf

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by But It's A Dry Rain View Post
I wish this were the end of this, but it got worse. After the plane was nearly boarded, "Paris" got out of her middle seat, walked back to the flight attendant at the rear of the plane and said that she WAS NOT going to sit in a middle seat.
Here's why Alaska Airline flight attendants earn their money. The poor flight attendant started walking from the front of coach to the back, asking loudly "Anybody willing to switch from an aisle or window seat to a middle seat? I'm buying all your drinks!"
He got no takers until he reached the rear of the plane, when a volunteer agreed to switch with "Paris." He took her middle seat, and she, happily, took a window seat at the back.
To his credit, the flight attendant had a sense of humor. "That's what you get when you marry for money," he said in an aside to the passengers near him.
This is one instance where I'd appreciate it if FA got a little snippy rather than bend over backwards to accommodate someone with a princess complex.

Instead of going down the aisle asking for volunteers he could have just picked up the PA and sarcastically asked for volunteers to ring their call button if interested in switching to a middle seat. The fact that Paris didn't like her seat is not everyone else's problem. If she really can't deal with a middle seat, then she should have dealt with it before boarding the airplane.

Of course the FA did the right thing, and this reflects positively on AS. Still, I'd secretly like to see a FA go a bit Slater on someone like her.