FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Dallas/Ft. Worth area & need advice on areas to live
Old Jan 22, 2011, 9:30 am
TMOliver

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
Hi All,

I’m being relocated to the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area, closer to Ft. Worth though, and will need to find a nice area to stay. I’m looking at an apartment for about a year till I get settled in, and then buy a home. I know a lot of you fellow AA FTers are from or know the area quite well so I thought I’d ask some of you as a resource to get a general idea of where to start.

Some info about me I’m a 24 yr. old male, no family, likes quieter areas but not somewhere where there is nothing to do , hates super long drive times. My boss told me areas like Burleson or Arlington are good starting points?

Any help, tips, hints, suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks again
Your post hints that your office is in the (Western) MidCities or even in Ft. Worth itself. With that in mind, especially due to your bass's suggestion of Burleson (a strange recommendation) or Arlington, implying that your work adress is South of IH30, I'd start my apartment search somewhere West of 360 along IH20. Much of SE Ft. Worth and chunks of Arlington feature concentrations of moderate/low income apartments in neighborhoods which you may find unattractive for a variety of reasons.

Without a better description of where you'll be working, I'm not really comfortable with any more specific suggestions.