FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-DEN on BA in Club (Business)
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:59 pm
Dave Z

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
With a 17:40 departure time, you could've easily squeezed in 3-4 hours of skiing up in the mountains.
Well, what with my love of lie-ins and previously high expectations of getting drunk for free in the lounge (therefore arriving at the airport in ample time) i pretty much only had time to finish packing and grab a quick coffee at Starbucks with my parents. I was skiied out anyway

Originally Posted by luv_flying
Have you visited the north lounge? I personally preferred North lounge where everything including the shower are located on the same floor and you get a nice view of the runway
Unfortunately not. This was my first J flight out of T5. I like to find a lounge and stick with it until i go to the gate. I have a Y flight from T5 to JFK next week though and i just got my Silver status, so i shall be sure to head there this time, especially if the check-in agent advises me to use the south lounge. Fight the machine and all that.

Originally Posted by Weean
I enjoyed your writing style, although there may have been a little too much information re: your holiday activities.

Oh, and it's liquor.
Hmmm, it could've been liquor that caused me to write that. Still, though i might be married i am only 27 (just) so things haven't dried up in that department, yet! Was that too much information as well? Probably. And this time i can't even blame it on the beers. Oh well...

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Thanks for your trip report. Wow you are definitely brave taking a bus with all your luggage!
Thank you very much. People often tell me how brave i am. I used to live in 'da hood' of west London you know! We only took the bus to the airport though, at which stage we only had 3 bags. Luckily, i decided to utilise the vast-ish space in the back of my V50 to bring the now 6 bags home. We used the old trick of putting our stuff in 3 smaller bags and putting them inside 3 bigger bags on the outbound leg. I still have no idea where all the stuff that filled the extra 3 bags came from though. I'm sure the only things i bought were a t-shirt from American Eagle and a bottle of diet Pepsi.

Last edited by Dave Z; Jan 21, 2011 at 7:19 pm