FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri {IND} (no longer Honors)
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:51 pm
Chapel Hill Guy

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Just to update...very nice property.

The Hilton breakfast very well serviced and furnished (very standard Hilton), with wide assortment of "western" options, cook-to-order, and Indian (north and south) favorites as well. And of course, great assets in all of its people.

The location indeed seems quite a ways away from the major tourist/business centers. The metro rail runs right in front, however - not sure how practical that is for guests.
We spent two nights here and I'll echo uastarflyer's comments. Very nice property, but literally in the middle of nowhere (as Saad had warned me about). Gated property with a cursory car search and x-ray of baggage/metal detector entering the hotel. Very nice multi-story lobby.There's a run down "mall" across the street that has an ATM if you need rupees. The street next to the hotel isn't paved and there's an empty lot, so a lot of ruble in the general area. The out-of-the-way location isn't a big deal unless you were hoping to eat in the area (I doubt anyone would be brave enough to try that however ).

We had dinner our first night in the restaurant off the lobby, Twenty-9. I'm not normally a big fan of buffets, but this one was excellent. Wide variety of Indian and Western choices and an amazing selection of desserts. Lots of Indian families dining the night we were there.

We also ate at the Chinese restaurant, Chynna Gold, which had decent if unremarkable food. The Italian restaurant, Pomodoro, wasn't open yet, nor was the Indian restaurant, Zune.

Excellent service from all the staff. Exec lounge folks were great. I would definitely stay here again.