FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:25 am
Sweet Willie
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anaggie
Is the beach calm or is it rough and tumble? Swimmable?

What about the sand -- soft and nice to walk on or coarse and rough?
from a post upstream@:-)
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
The beach is what I would call a working beach, it is brown coarse sand. There is a tractor that hauls a sweep/pick up trailer behind it to sweep up the bits of plastic, glass and other man made materials that will wash up on the shore. The ocean had good sized waves, I don’t picture this beach to be a good swimming beach but if the wind shifted from the south, perhaps the waves would calm down. There always seemed to be rough chop in the water, so I don't think this is a good snorkeling beach/location either. The ocean has a green color here due to the waves and shallow bottom. The St Regis has one of the largest beach fronts of the resorts I’ve been to in Puerto Rico, but it also has the same problem. Lots of trash outside the area where the sweeper cleans. Tires, 5 gallon plastic buckets, plastic water bottles were all washed up when we took our ½ mile stroll down the beach away from the resort. This should be cleaned up, period, no excuse for the trash not to be picked up.
Originally Posted by AUTIGER
Anyone have details on golf at the resort? I haven't found much info online. Is the course as new as the hotel property?
Welcome to Flyertalk AUTIGER, have you tried this URL: www.bahiagolfpuertorico.com

There was not a golf course before the St Regis, so yes I'd say the course is as new as the property.
-