FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - need some time/sun help!? AZ NM TX more
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:42 pm
ranles
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Thank you AZ_MISMAN

We will be coming from Sante Fe at the end of the day and wanted to stay closer to our next visit, Salinas Pueblo Mission Nat Mon (3 ruins). I found named lodging Moriarty, but also some "no-names" in Mountainair. Information on the lodging in Mountainair was iffy and seemed a bit unreliable, so that is why I was seeking anyone who might know a bit about any of the places to stay. Socorro would be a good place to stay, but is further than Moriarty to our following day target and additional driving.

JPAT

Our brosure of Alb. came today. We have added a bit based on info. provided, a more detailed look at the map and adding an additional day. Now we will drive the afternoon to Bernalillo and visit the Coronado State Monument. We will then spend the night in Bernalillo (instead of Alb.). The next day we will visit kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Mon and then double back to visit Jemez State Monument. Nest we will visit the museum in Los Alamos. That night we will stay in Los Alamos. In the morning we will visit Bandelier Nat. Pk.

At least that is how it is now. I do a lot of planning, that is why the early start. Thanks for your help.

The Hyatt in Bernalillo sure looks nice, too pricy for us, unless a PL or similar. The Holiday Inn is about $100. the lodging planning has to wait til later when the itenery gets better established...more broshures to come.