FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ALL current promotions
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2002, 9:44 pm
ILUVCITIBANK

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
Starwood Lurker,

I am one night away from PLAT level using the stay 10 nights, get 20 nights' credit promotion. Super promo, and though I know the die-hard SPG PLATS are not thrilled about this specic promo thinking it will dilute the PLAT level, and I follow that logic and don't disagree, you can be sure I am elated at crossing this threshold. Not to mention this promo has explicitly diverted some projected Hilton (NYC) stays to the SPG brand last month...and are doing so for stays coming through this summer (more NYC stays) and, I can assure you, now that I will be SPG PLAT...Hilton will lose entirely until such time as I might ever lose PLAT status w/ spg for qualifying reasons. So - has the promo achieved its desired effect ? I have to think it has - taken critical business away from a competitor (Hilton in my case), turned me into a die-hard spg follower (ok, fanatic), and introduced me to a "W" whereas I likely would never have considered it for a stay. I could go on but I think you know the success & momentum you guys have created in your SPG program, and more specifically for my interest, in your co-branded Starwood/AMEX card. WOW.

Anyway - with this background - I have a quick question - As far as I can tell, and from the email you sent me in response to my request to being added to one of these targeted promos that I was not targeted for...apparently this specific 2for1 "go for PLAT" promo was so potent/exclusive a promo that I was not allowed to be enrolled in any other concurrent promo ?

Is that correct ?

Then, if so, once I hit my 20credit nights end of this week (ie 10th stay since March 1st)....will that effectively "close out" my PLAT "run" and free me up for any other promos ? Or am I doomed to stay in this MAR/APR window, content to have finished this one "super" promo...and have to wait for May and later promos to start up ?

I would typically send this via private email, but thought others in this same DOUBLE YOUR STAYS/GO FOR PLAT promo would benefit to understand this unique promo and its special rules.

[This message has been edited by ILUVCITIBANK (edited 04-09-2002).]