FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:42 pm
peeyurr

wheres the self park and how much is it? Is there any free parking nearby?

Originally Posted by dockmom4
Our family of 4 just stayed at the Hyatt Escala over MLK weekend so I wanted to share our experience.

The resort itself is beautiful and new feeling. As you drive in, you feel you've made the right choice.

I am Hyatt Diamond and we used points for our 2 night stay at 15000/night. We were booked into a 2 Queen standard room. I was told this was an upgraded room, I'd hate to see the non upgraded. It seemed like they were trying to pack as much as possible into a tight space and with ski gear it was very tight and we were walking over everything. If I stayed again, I'd want at least a 1 BR. Also, our room was super hot, we had to leave the patio door open all night.

The diamond breakfast consisted of a 15/person per day credit at their provisions store which had bagels, muffins, coffee, and any other groceries you can imagine, pizzas, frozen dinners, soups, cookies, candy, soda, etc. This really was a fabulous deal as we could spend it however we wanted and with 4 of us, you could really go crazy. But since our room didn't have a full kitchen we couldn't do anything more than microwave and also there was no where to sit and eat even near the store so that was interesting.

The hot tub/pool was great and big enough for all the people there that used it. Cleanliness seemed to be the biggest issue as the hot tub needed to be cleaned and the side of the tub had the same chips around it all weekend. Our room had old food in it when we got there which I find disgusting even though it was probably an oversight. Overall, I think the place is understaffed as our room didn't get cleaned until 4:30pm which is an issue since that is the same time everyone is done skiing and wants to rest/change.

They really want you to Valet park and don't really want to tell you about the self park, we called down 5 min ahead like told and it took at least 15 min to get our car. You can easily self park there and I would recommend it as it is heated under building parking and is very easy to get in/out.

Ski In/Out access was great, they need to improve the Canyons access to the Sunrise lift but that has nothing to do with the Hyatt. Also, the Ski Valet at the Hyatt was awesome as it was on the second floor and you could go directly outside from there. They also have rental available right there.

Overall, we had a good experience and would stay there again but with a bigger room with a kitchen. Food options nearby seemed like we would want a car which we had. The staff is just getting up to speed on the Hyatt procedures so I think that will be better as time goes on as well.