FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO states UA ticket is out of sync
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:48 pm
blklabluvr

Programs: UA 1k, AA Platinum Pro, CO Gold, Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond VIP
I finally got personal phone calls from both UA and CO supervisors.

CO believes when I'm upgraded on my UA segments its throwing my ticket out of sync. This means I'm not even being considered at the 120,96,72hr etc sweeps for CO flights and am not on the upgrade standby list until I check in. Which by the way, I am unable to even check in online with CO when my ticket is out of sync. This means I am not added to that list until I am forced to check in at the airport, which by that time is too late in many cases.

The UA rep stated they have recognized this issue and are working to resolve it. They did offer me some miles as a nice gesture for having to go through this. I told them I appreciate the gesture but what I really want is to not have to worry about this issue.

This has been happening on flights I have to take as codeshare since the summer/fall of last year.

It's very frustrating to go through but I encourage anyone facing this to continue calling and emailing until you get a response. I listened to the blame game go back and forth all last year and I finally had enough this last month. Demand to understand why your ticket continually goes out of sync if this is happening to you. Not being considered for CO upgrades at the selected time intervals is not fair for what we've worked/paid to obtain.

I am not asking to be upgraded, I'm asking to be included fairly in the process of the systems. The sad thing is I am sure many people do not even recognize this issue is happening to them. A true test is if you are originating with a CO flight and it won't let you check in online. Or, if you are originating with a UA flight going to a CO flight and its not checking you in or you are unable to get your boarding pass for the CO segments when you check in with UA. You can also call CO a few days in advance and inquire to if you are on the upgrade standby list.

Good Luck