FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning on current immigration clearance time
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:05 am
Electrostar
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Originally Posted by newshound
I think it depends on when you arrive. If you get into BKK around 3.30pm as all of the Euro flights arrive you are bound to hit a lot of traffic.
This certainly agrees with my recent experience. Arriving on 30 December (admittedly just before New Year) at 15.40 the queues at both Y passenger immigration points were solid, right back down to the arrival duty free kiosks, the sloping lead up area to the desks was completely full. I worked my way around to the extreme left of the queue where it was not quite so bad. It still took 1 hour 20 mins to get through. I should think that those who did not know and stood in the main mass of people would have waited for 2 to 3 hours certainly, maybe longer. I know this may have been a very busy time of year, but others have told me it is still bad around this time of day. Not much one can do about it, but it is well worth checking out both areas. (This applies to departures as well)