FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Chicago, Illinois USA {US-IL}
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:30 am
Winecaptain

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
Stayed in Oakbrook at Hilton Suites for a meeting. Nothing special, but not bad either. I was "upgraded" as Diamond to a Conference Room Suite. Actually quite large and nice to have a large conference table (size of a dining room table) to spread out and work on. The room was nice (somehat on the order of an Embassy Suites, but larger due to the conference room attached to the living room. Across a few parking lots (about 5 min walk) is a J. Alexander's, where I ate the one night that I did not have a business dinner. It was a standard JA's and hard to go wrong with. I did get a coupon for breakfast in the AM, but had early morning meeting each day, so I never used it. The fitness center was small, but acceptable (easy to do cardio with an elliptical or treadmill). The parking was free as well. All in all, my exerience here was good and I would stay here again...

On a side note, I do not understand what Hilton is doing with a Hilton Suites brand. These hotels should really become Embassy Suites and Hilton should remain as their standard business class hotel. I have stayed at Hilton Suites in both Boca Raton and Oakbrook. Both are very Embassy Suites esque. Why not just make them ES? Just my opinion though...