FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Budapest (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:40 pm
ringbahn

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by browserden
I checked into the IC Budapest last week and was disappointed to see a very sparse minibar. The minibar menu mentions a hard liquor package that they're pleased to stock at your request.

This package is just like the rest of the minibar, you pay per use so why's it not there in the first place?

The only reason I can think is so that it's not part of the minibar for RA purposes but they need to offer it like this to everyone so it doesn't look like RA's are having their benefits dilutes.

Can any RA comment whether the hard liquor package is indeed chargeable for RA's or free.

Most of the items in this package are spirits but there's also Fanta and sparkling wine which seems odd.
We`ve stayed at the IC BUD in December and phoned room service because we missed the liquor bottles.10 minutes later they brought the bottles and a small bottle of sparkling wine in a cooler.As we hadn`t expected sparkling wine when ordering liquor bottles,I phoned again and asked if everything was free and the answer was:"of course,for you it`s free because you`re RA".But I didn`t make a photo