FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Coach Meal - Penne & Sausage
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:04 pm
steadyASshegoes

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CA1900
Just took a SEA-DEN flight a few days ago, and unfortunately missed upgrading by one seat. But I got a nice exit aisle seat in coach, so I was still pretty happy.

I noticed the eastbound lunch option had changed, with the nasty (IMO) chicken sandwich replaced by a Penne Marinara with Italian Sausage and a piece of garlic bread. I decided to give it a try, and it was delicious! I'd get it again in a heartbeat; it was actually a lot better than many of the meals I've had in F.

^
Yeah, I wish we had the option in F to opt for a coach meal. Lots of times I'm happier with the cheeseburger or a snack pack than whatever we get in F. Sometimes they charge me for it, sometimes they don't. But surely the coach meal can't cost AS more than the F selection?

Glad to know there's another good option for a coach meal. IMO paying for meals is the best thing that has ever happened to airline food. It creates an incentive for the airlines to serve a wider variety of higher-quality food, since people actually have to be convinced to pay for it.