FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread
Old Jan 15, 2011, 6:39 pm
Simmo

Originally Posted by JALPak
Simmo, are you ready for your SFC MR trips? How's the sleeping pills? Have you tried them out yet? Make sure you don't mix that with alcohol onboard, I don't want to lose our designated driver in snow
Surprisingly enough it was easy to get and side effects of taking them did not effect me thus i guess either of the ones i have will work. I think one is for calming the mind thus for people who are so stressed they cannot sleep and the other is just to knock you out. Either way after 7 hours of sleep i felt fine waking up so no groggy feeling whatsoever so I am happy.

I never drink alcohol when I fly which i think pretty much is one of the main benefits of lounge access which i have never taken up which is probably to the airline's benefit. (save them money) Even in the First Class lounges i have thought about it but then decided against it as back when I was just legal age I tried some and well I only had one glass of wine and I spent the rest entire trip in the galley, toilet and nearly did not get accepted back into Australia as i looked so bad, they wanted to run tests to find out whether I had some deadly disease.

OT The goose and I am currently lying down on the bed (she's still sleeping) whilst staying in Sheraton Sapporo waiting for the Spa to open! And yes we survived Nakayama toge which was very icy. So much snow now in Sapporo that you could have a snowball fight anywhere so if you want to fly JAL then fly yourself up here on a Sunday or Monday until Mid March and after that Saturday or Sunday works best.

JALPak - are you planning on flying anywhere in particular with JAL or OW carriers this year?

Originally Posted by kaka
SFC is OT in this forum move to the ANA Forum!!!
Again, the SFC MR is a dry run for the JGC so i guess it is somewhat related. Following the logic of trying to get the most miles out of my company i am most certainly going to London in late Oct for some roadshow then i guess i need to do the rest of my JGC run from there.

A long time to plan but still in the back of my mind.