FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards 2.0 begins March 1, 2011
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2011, 3:08 pm
TravelGuy1965

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Originally Posted by nsx
Transition for Companion Pass

During 2011 only, you will qualify or re-qualify for Companion Pass if you meet the criterion under either the old rule or the new ones:
(a) Accrue 100 credits from any source within a rolling 12 months, or
(b) Take 100 or more paid one-way flights or earn 110,000 points from any source in calendar year 2011.

I'll have a good example on how well they implement this in the next month.

My expiration date is 02/28/2011 and I met the 100 point counter mid last year with most of the points coming from a points transfer in Jan'10.

However, that has now rolled off as >12 months ago and I'm now way down to ~20 RRs in the last 12 months.

Many experienced CP'ers know this is just an oddity in the online tracking and how WN syncs up the point counter reset data and new Companion Status timing. If you qualified anytime during your period you will requaliify even if your past 12 months isn't still at 100 on the date yours expires (due to the first month of your counter RRs dropping off).

So under the old system I'd requalify and receive a card about 30 days prior to my status expiring. This would be the end of Jan in my case.

I'm waiting to see if this still happens with the systems transitioning....

You can be sure if I don't get one in the mail by Feb 1st I'll be calling Southwest quickly....