FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE: left 29Feb16] Hotel Kamp Helsinki, Finland, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Jun 16, 2002, 5:15 am
ehe123

I was using a "Best Available Rate" of 245 Euros. Obviously, value for money was quite high! As for the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel, I should also point out that I had two very positive experiences there this past week. I called from the U.S. and asked about the possibility of having a room available at 7:30 am the following day (on my reservation for the following night). I was told that they were 80% full, but they would block the room for me. Upon arrival, I avoided the lines at the front desk and checked in with the concierge on the Executive Floor. She said that it is rather early, but would I like some Champagne? I then went to my room where there was a full bottle of wine, the syrup wafers, and fruit plate waiting for me. I was given a Smart Room. Several days later I returned to the hotel and had a 3-room suite. There appears to have been some mixup, as there were now two full bottles of wine and two fruit plates waiting for me, as well as the syrup waffles.