FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:16 pm
josephstern
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by juggler451
I'm just a few weeks away from passing the 1 million mile mark (need last 50k from spending on Citicard). Thank you, Citi.

Now I'm going to try and get my Dad over the 1 million mile mark. Has has roughly 775k lifetime miles now. I think it will take me 4-5 months to get him over the top (another CitiBiz card, CitiBank checking account, Fidelity bonus, and ordering some coins for him).

My Dad is from England, travels there a lot, and could easily list his sister's house in England as his address. I think the eVips would be more useful to him than the 500 mile stickers. Do you think having miles post from the activities above would raise a red flag w/ an address in England? If queried, he can say he maintains two residences. Your thoughts are appreciated.
I think you're asking for problems.

The eVIPs should be more valuable to anyone, really, so I think they take a pretty strict line on this. And if all of his RTs start and end in the US . . .