FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Daily Hotel Deals (Groupon-Living Social-Voyage Privé-Bloomspot-etc)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:59 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
Groupon Barcelona
Hotel Porta d'Alella
€97/nt Standard Room for two + extras (€194 value)
Night accommodation in standard double room + Welcome drink on arrival + continental breakfast + romantic dinner at the restaurant Les Terrasses

-- Reservation (935,407,857)
-- A voucher for two people.
-- Not combinable with other offers
-- You have 6 months to redeem your coupon

Purchase in the next 14 hrs. Tripadvisor.
Thanks for alerting me to the deal. I took the plunge -- my first foreign Groupon. Fingers crossed -- I'm awaiting receipt of my voucher.

It wasn't easy to get the payment to work from the USA. First I tried Paypal. No go. Then I tried 3 credit cards, and then Citi's virtual numbers, and still "payment denied." Finally, I signed into paypal from a different window and then tried to make payment through paypal on the Groupon site. Voila! Success.

Now I'm just awaiting the voucher, and a response from the hotel that they will give me a reservation for the date I want. Hopefully, no complications.

BTW, I'm kind of excited because I find Spain to be expensive, the hotel looks very nice, and it will be good to get a "romantic dinner" that I don't have to pay "mucho dinero" for. Viva Groupon! (I don't know how to say that in Catalan).