FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Noob question about getting sponsored by an MVP gold
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:11 pm
dave1013

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by AudiFanatic
Hello all, I have somewhat of a noob question, so my apologies in advance. When I was in SFO last week, I overheard someone talking about being an MVP gold with the ability to sponsor another mileage plan member, is this true. I saw a few ads on cl, but didn't receive a response. I travel between SEA and SFO/SJC quite a bit and have yet to reach status. I would love to see if someone out there would be willing to sponsor me if this is true...Yes, albeit the request is a little naive, if anyone has additional information I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
AudiFanatic, welcome to Flyertalk and the Alaska Airlines Forum!

I think what happened with the exchange you overheard regards the ability of an MVP Gold 75K to bestow MVP status upon a lucky friend/associate/spouse/significant other who does not have status. Not just any MVP Gold can do this - it's a benefit accruing solely to the new upper-tier 75K Golds. At least this is my guess of what happened based upon what you are telling us.

That said, you have stated your request. So maybe a 75K person might take it into consideration - good luck!