View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 11, 9:25 am
AlaskaAir738

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak View Post
Your Blackberry is LTE?

The lack of GSM is a good reason for those that travel a lot obviously. I suspect for the rest of the 95% of the US population this is going to be pretty interesting.
I would expect Verizon to push their new 4G network here in 2011, thus I find it a little surprising that there would be an iPhone release in January and then again in June, likely with new hardware.
Originally Posted by new2japan View Post
You can expect the next iPhone then. By your reasoning, the current phone should be the iPhone 5 as you seem to think that number necessarily increments with each release. It doesn't.

The next phone may be multi-carrier or it may not. It will have the same capabilities on either network, but there's no data in the wild that says it will necessarily be one chip. Is that you Steve?

4G LTE? True, but for most people that really doesn't matter a lot. Another 6 months of dropped calls or 6 months of good calling with a 6 month delay until you can upgrade to a 4G phone.

It seems best for you to do that. There are plenty of other people, as you can read in the thread, where that does not apply.
Sorry, I should have rephrased multi-carrier to mean available on AT&T as well as VZW not to mean a CDMA+GSM dual-chip phone. I would expect multiple carrier availability in the next release of iPhone.
From this, I imagine the best option if you are not desperate to get off AT&T is to wait it out for the next release of the phone and then pick your carrier. Otherwise, Apple is facing some tough competition from those Andriod phones.