FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:45 pm
iff

Originally Posted by Sterndogg
I had a busted light and broken tray on a LHR-IAD flight last week in E+ along with three days of cancellations trying to get over to London...no compensation (although my submission wasn't a complaint - more of an observation and trying to understand their rebooking methods with elite status and booking fare). Response was, "we'll pass along your comments to our in-flight maintenance team." So it goes...
On December 23 CDG-ORD, not only did the flight leave 6 hours late (in real time, not their "official" time) apparently due to baggage handler strike and shortage of de-icing fluid, but the light/video/audio for my E+ seat were nonfunctional. UA offered me a $150 US domestic certificate, but all of my flights are international so I have no use for it. When I said as much, their response was basically "those are our guidelines and they already exceed other carriers' for similar situations" and "you can transfer it to someone else." Pffff.

Granted, I have no status, but still... I regret having paid for the E+ upgrade only to have a nonworking light.

Regarding the delay, we were all handed international mail-in forms at the gate. The email followup said they'll be crediting my account "with the appropriate mileage", whatever that is--I guess I'll know within 30 days when it posts.

(To United's credit, they did have our hotel vouchers ready for us upon arrival in Chicago as nearly everyone on the flight missed their connections, and I appreciated that.)