FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO Top tier travelers: How were CO IrrOps today?
Old Jan 11, 11, 1:50 pm
cjermain

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
Originally Posted by sweetkiddddo View Post
CO will only rebook you on CO/UA. They are not willing to rebook you on any other star alliance.
In my experience, most agents (perhaps 70%) will refuse to book you on anything but CO metal when weather is involved. Another 20% will book you on *A only if it is a codeshare flight with a CO flight number. There are enough of those agents that the "call again and again" strategy is viable when trying to find one.

The remaining 10% of the agents will come up with really imaginative interpretations (things like: "I can book you on a codeshare if your original fare class is available, but can only book you into a higher fare class if it is a CO operated flight").

Never had an agent agree to book on UA (even after the merger) unless it was a codeshare.

Complete disclosure: there HAVE routinely been credible FT reports of rogue agents agreeing to book on any *A carrier (no codeshare), or even outside of *A, but I have never experienced this.

This seems to be a really, really significant issue with CO, and I can't believe how crazy my own experiences have been. It is quite inexplicable that the real rules (Whatever they are) are not widely known and applied.