FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO Top tier travelers: How were CO IrrOps today?
Old Jan 11, 11, 8:08 am
sweetkiddddo

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, AA Plat (status matched)
CO IrOps, like almost everything with CO these days can be a mix bags. If you have time flexibility, they will eventually get you where you need to be.

Typically CO is the first airline to cancel flights across the board at EWR but it also means they typically recover faster from IrOps. The upside is you won't have to wait hours at the airport. But the downside is if there is any weather, you know your schedule is screwed and CO won't even try to get you to your destination that day. I have learned if there is some incremental weather at EWR and you're on a regional flight, you can forgetaboutit.

CO will only rebook you on CO/UA. They are not willing to rebook you on any other star alliance. I have had a few times in the last two years where CO cancelled all their flights from EWR-YYZ. The gate agents claimed "the airport was shutdown", but AC flights were still flying in and out. When I politely asked to be rebooked on AC, the agent claimed it is against their policy to rebook you on a partner flight if it is due to weather, top tier or kettle.