FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:18 am
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Well first of all, what a great forum!

My spouse and I have been invited to the Formula 1 race in Bahrain i Marts by some business clients. We will be flying CPH-LHR-DXB in Emirates First Class, its our first time on Emirates, and then to Bahrain in a privat jet. Im StarGold and Gold at SAS EuroBonus, but they dont let you earn miles on Emirates. So my question is what program to sign in on to earn the miles for the Emirates flights? Emirates own program? Or mabye Continental OnePass as they are a member of StarAlliance?
And how many miles will I earn on CPH-LHR-DXB-LHR-CPH in F? Mabye its not even enought to bother signing up as you only get 150% in F, or have I missed some point here?

Thanks in advance for any advise!
Welcome to the EK forum!

Firstly, EK doesn't fly CPH-LHR so that's going to be another airline.

On LHR-DXB you would earn 15,000 tier miles each on Skywards. This is a good option if you plan to fly Emirates again in the next three years, as that's how long miles are valid.

There's a list of airline partners you can earn the miles on, such as UA and CO, if you'd rather not add another program, but then the miles will be about 10,000.

(EK gives 250% miles based on zones while CO/ UA would give 150% based on distance flown, if I'm not mistaken).